10/31/10

Christmas Belle for Halloween

I wake up from a much needed afternoon nap to find Elise had talked Daddy into being "Kita" from Atlantis for Halloween dress up. The homemade Kita outfit consisted of a swimsuit top and a blue silk dress up skirt (part of a Cinderella costume) that has been worn and played in so many times it's ripped half way up the back. (However, she did create this outfit all on her own after watching Atlantis by piecing together what she thought looked like what Kita wears in the movie.) Did I mention she has been eating spaghetti in this outfit and it had small stains all over it? She looked AMAZING, I tell you! :) Matt is an awesome Dad because he lets her be who she is - Elise - but sometimes a Mommy has to take drastic measures.

She was tired of her wedding dress and SpiderMAN, so I finally coaxed her into being Christmas Belle... with the promise of wearing some of Mommy's makeup.

I really hated to miss out on watching her enjoy the last of the Halloween festivities, but Mattix has been making his presence known more and more - and Matt and I thought it would be best for me to stay home.

No comments:

Post a Comment